Escape from Tarkov is one of the most realistic games when it comes to replicating guns in real life. No other game has been able to provide so much detail. For example, bullets will ricochet once they hit something, they can break into pieces when entering the body, lose some of the velocity if they travel over long distances and so on. To the experienced player, it might make sense. To a newbie, an explanatory Escape from Tarkov ammo chart will make things easier.
Becoming familiar with how guns work is essential in being successful against other players. At the same time, it is critical to be able to choose a good gun based on what you know about it. Every gun out there comes with more than one cartridge, while each cartridge has specific characteristics.
Furthermore, whether you choose maps like Woods or Reserve, practicing in the offline mode will help you become familiar with the ammo as well.
What makes the Escape from Tarkov ammo different
Every gun has its own specs, as well as every cartridge. There will be lots of numbers there and some of them may confuse you. Knowing what each number means is the secret to winning
- The penetration power shows the chance to penetrate the body. If the opponent has armor, it will show the damage done to it.
- The damage value describes the number of points removed from the opponent’s total amount of points when the bullet manages to go through.
- The armor damage ratio is given as a percentage – the percentage of the damage inflicted on the armor when it cannot go through.
- The projectile speed is variable and depends on more factors, such as distance, air friction, humidity and so on. It is given in meters per second.
- The ricochet chance gives you an idea about the possibility of a bullet bouncing off when hitting a target from an angle.
- The fragmentation chance tells you how likely the bullet is to split once it enters your opponent’s body. If a bullet splits, it will cause more damage.
Escape from Tarkov ammo chart
This Escape from Tarkov ammo chart will introduce you to all the possible cartridges you can find in-game, as well as the weapons they are compatible with.
- MP7A1 and MP7A2 (SMGs) will work with 4.6x30mm – four different varieties. The 4.6x30mm Action SX cartridge has the highest speed.
- Vepr AKM/VPO-209 (assault rifles) will work with .366 TKM – three different varieties. The .366 TKM EKO has the highest penetration power.
- Saiga-12, MP-133, MP-153 and M870 (shotguns) are only compatible with 12x70mm cartridges. The 12x70mm Slug has the highest armor damage ratio.
- TOZ-106 (shotgun) is only compatible with 20x70mm Buckshot cartridges.
- VSS Vintorez (DMR) and AS VAL (assault carbine) work with four types of 9x39mm cartridges.
- SR-1MP Gyurza (pistol) is compatible with four varieties of 9x21mm ammo.
The six types of 9x19mm cartridges are probably the most popular ones, as they are compatible with Saiga-9, PP-19-01, MP5, Vityaz-SN and MPX (SMGs) and Glock 17, Glock 18C, P226R and MP-443 Grach (pistols).
There are 14 types of 9x18mm PM cartridges and they work with PM, PM (t), PB, APB and APS (pistols), as well as PP-91-01 Kedr-B, PP-91 Kedr and PP-9 Klin (SMGs).
Other common types of ammo include:
- 7.62x39mm – Vepr KM/VPO-136, AKMSN, AKMS, AKMN, AKM, AK-104 and AK-103 (assault rifles), OP-SKS and SKS (assault carbines)
- 7.62x51mm – M700, DVL-10 (sniper rifles), RSASS and M1A (DMRs), Vepr Hunter/VPO-101 (assault carbine), SA-58 (assault rifle)
- 7.62x54mmR – SVDS (DMR), SV-98, Mosin Inf. and Mosin (sniper rifles)
- 7.62x25mm TT – TT and TT Gold (pistols)
- 5.56x45mm – M4A1, HK 416A5, DT MDR, AK-102, AK-101 and ADAR 2-15 (assault rifles) · 5.45x39mm – AKS-74UN, AKS-74UB, AKS-74U, AKS-74N, AKS-74, AK-74N, AK-74M, AK-74 and AK-105 (assault rifles), RPK-16 (light machine gun)
Escape from Tarkov ammo chart should give you some hints about the wide variety of ammo in-game. The truth is you do not have to learn any of these compatibility standards, but figure out what works for your favorite gun.
You will become familiar with numbers and items as you gain experience.